Alissa Herman is the founder of Teach Me Money. She has 17 years’ experience in the finance and banking industry.
Alissa Herman is the founder and Director of Teach Me Money. Alissa is a wife, mother, sister, friend, daughter, accredited finance and mortgage broker and business partner. She has spent 17 years in finance through her work at the Top 4 Bank’s in Australia and as an accredited mortgage broker and debt advisor.
Alissa is also the treasurer of her own family budget and understands the struggle and stress created by a growing family and mountains of bills. She has lived through this and now lives freely without the worry created by a lack of money.
Too often in her daily work she sees the mismanagement of money by her clientele. This is generally through no fault of her client’s but rather the lack of education that the general population has for money.
Traditionally money and money management has been a taboo subject for many, it is not openly discussed with our friends, family or colleagues. Alissa at Teach Me Money wants to shine a spotlight on the basics of day-to-day money management, basic investments and some strategies to ensure your retirement is funded.
Alissa has established simple strategies that you can implement immediately to improve your finances and remove the stress from life.
About Teach Me Money
Teach Me Money was born out of the need to educate people about the basics of money management. Too often Alissa would see young people who have destroyed their credit rating due to their lack of understanding around credit reporting or families that struggle to make ends meet and have some fun along the way and Alissa knew she had to share her knowledge.
Teach Me Money is a tailored financial education program that has bite sized topics relevant to the audience. Each topic is less than 6 minutes and provides easy to implement strategies that can provide so many far reaching benefits to each member of the family.
Teach Me Money is designed for those between 14-65 years of age and the beauty is the course can be tailored according to your personal circumstances.
Some of the topics we cover include:
- Credit reporting – how buying an interest free television can stop you from buying your first home.
- Budgeting – Have you ever wondered where does my money go? Let’s go into the black hole and get it back!
- Superannuation – four quick steps to make sure your superannuation is looking after itself and you can forget about it for another 5 years.
- Credit Cards – do you know how to use your full interest free days on your credit card for those purchases that you cannot avoid?
- Savings – how to save each pay cycle as easily as your tax is paid!
- Bills – we can show you how to remove the fear from receiving bills in the post!
- Do you know the optimum way to pay off your home loan?
- Buying your first home.
- And lots more is in-store.